Wednesday 24 July 2013

A Taste of Things To Come


We, the Design team of a NEW challenge Blog  - The Male Room - are so excited, it is only a week before we begin our new adventure, a challenge for MALE ONLY cards. Not a new idea, but we believe there are still lots of card makers who are still finding male cards more of a challenge than any other kind. Over the next seven days till our Grand Opening on Wednesday 31st. July, we the team will be showing you a card and giving a little introduction of ourselves. Our challenge will be for any male person in your life, no matter what age, from babies to great - grandfathers. We are going to be a fortnightly challenge, so lots of time to enter into the challenges, we are kicking off, with one which is a firm favourite ANYTHING GOES. Please enjoy the next seven days of our introduction, hopefully we'll be seeing you after next Wednesday.

Here is a recipe for my card
Background striped paper from LOTV Country Gent.
Astronomical stamp (part of) from Inkadinkado
Gentlemen from Tim Holtz
Tim Holtz DI Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. 
Fiskas oval punch for greeting.

Now a little about  me - real name Carole, aka Caz and Cazro
Wife, retired nurse, mother of 2 sons, five grandsons and one grand daughter, now you know why I love making cards for the males. Also two nephews, and 3 grand-nephews, one grand niece.
From early thirties an avid crafter, drifted into card making around ten years ago.  Stamping is my passion, I am a stampoholic, I love trying the many stamping techniques, I don't have a favourite colour, I love all colours. I don't have a favourite genre of cards, I love them all, Vintage, Steampunk, Shabby Chic, Arty,  Nature, I have even succumbed to cute as there are so many fabulous cute stamps now available. I am thrilled to be a member of this new blog and greatly look forward to the new adventure. 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous male card with an interesting array of stamps used. So looking forward to this new challenge - congratulations on being on their DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge blog idea...now following and hope to play along. Alongside Paper Playful (Feline Playful that was) there is now a new site being run by a friend of mine advertising all the challenges, "Challengemydays".....shall I ask them to place your challenge on their site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne - that would be really helpful - J xx

      Delete
  3. A fab card Caz, and I love the colours you've used

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete